Spring is here!
With the trees and flowers blooming or in progress of starting to bloom, I thought I would share a couple quick tips on landscape maintenance. A home with a well-manicured and maintained home adds quite a bit of value to a property. It’s also something that could help decide whether someone wants to visit your home while it is on the market.
Landscape Maintenance Tips:
1. Freshen up beds by laying down new pine straw or spreading new mulch (I’m a fan of pine straw).
2. Apply fertilizer to your grass. Make sure to spread in a crossing pattern so you achieve an even application. If your budget allows, it may be worth discussing with a professional.
3. Trim those bushes! Make sure for blooming plants like Camilla or azaleas that the plants have finished blooming. Make sure to trim after they have fully bloomed but before next year’s buds have started.
4. Trim lower hanging limbs from the trees. We can all use pruning every now and then to freshen things up.
5. Plant those wonderfully, beautiful annual flowers! Don’t be afraid to fill those pots up with many different varieties! (you may want to make sure to wait until the last frost which is normally in mid-late April)
These are just a few tips to get your spring off to a great start. Landscape maintenance is not a chore – it’s a money-maker!